In this fast-paced world, our lives are also moving so fast that sometimes we forget to pause for a moment and ruminate about all the wrongs that we do to ourselves. We tend to incorporate those wrongs, unconsciously, in our lifestyles in the forms of detrimental sleeping patterns, taking up the excessive workload, and unhealthy diet plans, etc. These unhealthy and harmful habits not only impact our physical health but also take a toll on our mental health. We also tend to forget that the more we make our bodies go through unhealthy, imbalanced, and tough routine, the worse they get. So, in this situation, when everything seems as if it is falling apart and you cannot do anything about it, what should one actually consider doing?
To answer this question, we first need to realize that our mental and physical health is intricately woven into our diet plans. The healthier food we intake, the better our mental and physical health gets. A healthy and nutritious diet can aid in better performance – be it at work or at home, and an overall thriving lifestyle. However, when we talk about a fast-paced world, we are also talking about getting done with things quickly, and our diet is no exception to it. So, when we rush out of our homes to reach our destinations only after taking a sip of milk or orange juice and stuffing a pancake into our mouths, we are missing out on a big deal of nutrients and minerals that are extremely necessary for a healthy and better life. In order to deal with this pressing issue, opting for multivitamins can be a game changer.
Choosing a Good Multivitamin
Multivitamins can act as a lifesaver when you are working a nine to five job and there’s pending work as well or when you are trying to stay fit and in shape, but lack of vitamins and minerals render you helpless. However, choosing a good multivitamin is also very important. It is essential that you are aware of what your body lacks and what it needs so that you can get the right multivitamins that cater to your specific needs. Choosing a multivitamin that is of poor quality and isn’t even meant for your specific needs is the worst that you can do to yourself. And, although it can be challenging to find the multivitamins that are built for your specific needs, there are a few things that you can keep in mind when looking for the ones that fit your requirements best:
- When you are looking for a good vitamin, it is essential that you keep away from fillers, and binders, as well as sweeteners, artificial flavors, and all the unnecessary constituents.
- Make sure that the multivitamins that you need are in their chelated shape. It is essential that they are chelated because in this form, multivitamins have more chances of being efficiently absorbed by the body.
- You should always choose such multivitamins that incorporate active forms of nutrients. For instance, instead of phylloquinone – Vitamin K1, dl-alpha, inactive D2 (ergocalciferol), folic acid, and synthetic Vitamin B, it is better that you opt for menaquinone – Vitamin K2, active E (d-alpha), active D3 (cholecalciferol), methyl folate, and methylated Vitamin B, respectively.
- When you know what you require, search for healthcare pharmacies or companies that are well-known for their quality products. Such companies that provide their customers with high-quality multivitamins and other supplements, often get their products verified through a third party, for instance, ConsumerLab.com, or NSF International. In case you come across such products of a company that have not been verified through a third party, it is better that you avoid buying them because then, there are chances that the multivitamins and other supplements of that company are not of high quality.
- Last but not least, do not forget to check for the “CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice)” stamp on the label of the product that you are buying. This stamp means that the product observes the regulations and guidelines enforced by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). These guidelines make sure that the products are free of any and every kind of contaminants, are accurately labeled and are of high quality.
If you keep these essential points in mind, you can never miss out on a good multivitamin. However, that never means that you can live on multivitamins alone. Multivitamins do help in achieving nutritional goals and keeping you fit and healthy, but they can never fully replace a good diet. You have to make sure that you are following healthy diet plans and fulfilling the requirements of your nutrition intake through unprocessed and healthy food. You can take multivitamins to fill in the nutritional gaps but, in the end, it is always better, advisable, and preferable that you include a well-balanced diet to your dynamic lifestyle.