Eat According To Your Body Type
Are you aware that your body figure could actually affect how eat every day? Studies have shown that varying physiques need varying nutrients. Additionally, eating in relation to your physique could actually make losing weight much easier. Since each body figure has a unique human profile, modifying things such as how much carbohydrate you eat and when you eat can provide amazing results.
Somatotyping is a method of classifying different physiques. It was created by a psychologist in the 40s. William used general classifications in body makeup for somatotyping. These aspects are the storage of fat and muscle and their distribution.
Physiques have been classified into three. Find out which physique class you belong to in order to personify your eating habits.
Characteristics of ectomorphs
- Their physique is thin. People under this group are tall, have a bit of muscle, and have skinny legs and hands.
- They perform best in exercises that need a lot of stamina.
- Their metabolic process is rapid and thyroid activity is prevailing.
- They can properly handle a diet rich in carbohydrates.
Ectomorphs will often eat as follows:
- I palm of rations rich in protein
- 2 cupped hands of rations rich in carbohydrates
- Half thumb of rations rich in fat
- 1 fist of veggies
Characteristics of Mesomorphs
- This physique is naturally well-built and sporty looking. People with this figure have a triangular frame with built muscles and proper posture.
- They perform well in bodybuilding workouts.
- The most dominant hormones in this physique are testosterone and growth hormone.
- They bear carbohydrates relatively fine but they eat more protein than ectomorphs.
Mesomorphs will often eat as follows:
- 1 palm of rations rich in protein
- I cupped hand of rations rich in carbohydrates
- 1 thumb of rations rich in fats
- 1 fist of veggies
This is the last physique classification.
Characteristics of endomorphs
- This physique is naturally broad and thick. People in this group are short, have muscles that are not well developed, and have a hard time losing weight.
- Endomorphs excel in intense strength exercises.
- They have a slow metabolic rate hence insulin is the dominant hormone.
- They do not bare carbohydrates well.
- They can bare foods with a slight amount of fat in it.
Endomorphs will often eat as follows:
- 1 palm of rations rich protein
- 2 thumbs of rations rich in fat
- 1 fist of veggies
- Half cupped hand of rations rich in carbohydrates
No Classification Is Perfect
This physique classification is not perfect. Therefore you might find yourself wondering what group you actually fit in. this means that your physique is difficult to classify. You might find that you have the characteristics of all the groups or of two groups.
For instance, I can associate my body with the endomorph and mesomorph group. This is because I have a big and broad frame and gaining muscle comes easily. However, I always tend to have some excess fat particularly in my abdominal area.
An ecto-mesomorph person will have an athletic body but thin looking. They might also have small muscles on their long legs and arms.
The Hybrid Physique
Genes play a major role in physique. You can simply look at the physique of your parents to better understand yours. However, as much as genes are a determining factor, your lifestyle can also modify your natural physique.
Think back to when you were a child or young adult. Has your physique changed? What lifestyle decisions have played a role in the way you look today?
For instance, you might have leaned on being an endomorph due to your genes, but because you regularly train hard and eat healthy, you are now a mesomorph. On the other hand, you might have once been tall and skinny as a child, but now that you have made certain healthy decisions your physique is triangular in shape.
What Do You Want To Attain?
You might still be under pressure trying to figure out why your body actually fits in these three groups. However, rather than using those classifications, there is another way of classifying yourself. This technique is based on your goals. What is it that you desire to attain?
If your goal is to build muscle and increase stamina, then you should use the ectomorph eating habits as a guide. If your goal is to lose weight, then you should use the eating habits of an endomorph as a guide. On the other hand, if you want to increase strength and power, then you should use the eating habits of a mesomorph as a guide.
Grouping Is a Tool
These classes can act as a guide to your eating routines, but remember that it is a just a tool. Do not overcomplicate it or think too much about it. Explore and find out what suits you best. You can also use a professional trainer to help you discover your true physique, help you achieve your goals, and begin eating in relation to your physique.
Let me know what you think about this topic and if you found it helpful. You can also share this information with friends and family so that they can benefit as well.