6 Best At-Home Workouts For Back
Everyone wants to feel healthy and fresh. And to be healthy and stay active, we all need to burn some sweat and get into shape. This article will help you in learning the best at-home workouts. Maintaining good health should not be specific to gyms and parks. Let’s find out some best at-home workouts for back and how you can perform them.
The Kneeling Extension
The kneeling extension is a good exercise for your back. It gives strength to your core and burns those stubborn fats around your back. It also helps you to have a fine and well-toned back.
How to The Kneeling Extension
Follow the following steps to carry out this exercise:
- Get down on both legs and arms with your head facing the floor.
- Lift the left leg and raise the right arm straight for few seconds
- Now lift the right leg and raise the left arm for a few seconds.
- Properly breathe
The Low Plank
This exercise is suitable for your core, side fat, and the strength of your back. You can do this at your home, and it only requires a few minutes.
How to do the low plank
Follow these guidelines to do a low plank with effective results:
- Slowly lie on your stomach.
- Now use your arms to give you support
- Place your forearms on the floor and provide your body support.
- Raise your legs and hips from the floor and maintain a parallel posture to the floor
- Keep your pelvis inwards and engage your core.
- Maintain this posture for almost 30 seconds and increase the time if you don’t feel exhausted
- Keep your shoulder and chest straight during the exercise.
- Breathe properly, inhale from the nose and exhale from the mouth
- Don’t sag your hip or back during the exercise.
- Repeat the workout every day for effective results.
Performing this exercise helps you straighten your back and increase its strength. Your whole body depends on your back. That is why it is crucial to perform these exercises with precaution and full care. This exercise is effective, and you can easily carry it out at your home.
How to Do The Bridge
These steps will help you to perform the bridge exercise at your home with effective results:
- Lie down on your back
- Rest your arms on the floor
- Bend your knees and keep your feet bent down to the knees
- Now slowly raise your hips upward and maintain the posture for almost 10 seconds.
- I slowly come back to your initial position.
- Now repeat the exercise twice.
- Remember to breathe normally and squeeze your glute muscles while doing the exercise.
The High Plank
The high plank is one of the best at-home workouts for the back. It targets your core and helps you tone up your back and arms as well. The High Plank is relatively easier than the Low Plank. It has been proved that a high plank is healthy for your back. You can easily perform a high plank at your home.
How to the High plank
Let’s find out how you can perform a high plank at your home:
- Get down on your feet and hands.
- Keep your arms straight and make a straight line from your head to your feet.
- You can give support to the heels of your feet with a wall if you want
- Keep your back straight, and don’t loosen up your posture.
- Maintain this posture for few seconds and slowly move your shoulders in and out
- Repeat this exercise once a day in your week for effective results
- Breathe properly during the exercise, exhale from your mouth and inhale from your nostrils.
The Superman Exercise
The superman exercise, just like its name, is a strong and powerful at-home workout for the back. You can do this workout in your home in a few seconds. This workout will help you maintain your back and keep it strong.
How to perform the superman workout
Follow these steps to perform an authentic superman workout at your home in almost no amount of time:
- Lie flat on your stomach weight and raise your legs and arms
- Imagine yourself as a superman flying in the sky and keep your arms and legs straight, facing the floor.
- Maintain this posture for 10 seconds
- Slowly move your arms and legs down.
- Now repeat the whole process twice.
- Remember to breathe properly during the exercise.
- Engage your core well in the process.
The squat is a great exercise for the lower back because it helps build leg and glute strength which takes some pressure off the lower back while doing everyday activities. The squat works the glutes, hamstrings, quads and lower back if the squat has weight added to the exercise.
How to do the squat
- Place your feet shoulder width apart
- Point your feet out about 20-30 degrees
- engage the core by pulling the belly button in toward the spine
- Lower your hips towards the ground
- Allow your knees to shove out toward the toes
- Drop a the hips little below parallel to the ground
- Come back up to standing position
With the squat you can add weight over time but if you’re new it’s best to start with your body weight. Once you move into barbell squats it’s recommended to hire a trainer to learn the form. It’s very important to do this correctly to avoid injury.
We talked about the best six at-home workouts for the back. We also talked about the importance of workouts at home and how your health should not depend on outdoor activities only.
We learned about different workouts for back and how you can perform them to achieve better and long-lasting results.
Free session with a trainer
If you’re looking to have a more custom program to help the lower back visit us a www.onthegofitnesspro.com for a free personal training session.