4 Exercises That Help Reduce Belly Fat
Reduce Your Belly Fat With These Exercises
So, what have you been doing lately to get rid of that belly pouch?
Drinking ginger and lemon tea
Eating smaller portions of food
Cutting back on carbonated drinks
These tricks will definitely impact your body and in a good way, but you won’t see any big results until you add exercises that reduce belly fat into your daily routine.
Losing belly fat is a daunting task. You always promise yourself that you will start tomorrow but as the sun comes up; you are sitting at the breakfast counter and munching on bacon. Your next destination is the couch and the time is spent browsing Netflix city.
If you are ready to lose that lump of belly fat, then keep scrolling:
Nothing burns belly fat faster than crunches. In fact, they are ranked as one of the top fat-burning exercises. They engage your abdominal muscles and make your belly appear more toned and flatter.
Here’s how to do crunches:
- Lie down on a mat and bend your knees at a 90-degree angle
- Place your hands behind your head
- Inhale deeply and lift your torso up and off the ground
- Exhale as you go up and inhale as you go down
As a beginner, do at least 10 crunches every day.
Lying Leg Raises
This exercise targets your upper and lower abs, quads and hamstrings. Since you are holding your entire weight with your abdomen and back, your body uses more strength that helps reduce belly fat faster.
Here’s how to do lying leg raises:
- Lie down on a mat and place your hands (palm flat) under your hips
- Lift both your feet up at a 90-degree angle. Hold the position for a couple of seconds and then bring your legs down slowly
Complete 15 reps in 3 sets.
Vertical Leg Crunch
Let’s increase the intensity as now you are no longer a beginner. The vertical leg crunch works your side abdominal muscles. It is also great for your lower back muscles. The reason this is one of the high intensity fat-burning exercises is because it requires you to maintain a difficult position while doing crunches.
Here’s how to do vertical leg crunches:
- Lay down on a mat and raise your legs at a 90-degree angle
- Place your hands behind your head and lift your torso a few inches on a deep exhale (make sure that your legs don’t bend)
- Inhale while bringing your torso down
Complete 12 reps in 3 sets.
The bicycle exercise is a twist on the simple crunch. As the name says, you move your legs in the air as if you are riding a bicycle. This exercise targets your core muscles, glutes and hamstrings at the same time. Instead of just reducing belly fat, it also tones your entire body.
Here’s how to do the bicycle:
- Lay down on a mat and place your hands under your head
- Lift your torso a few inches up in the same manner when doing crunches
- Hold the position and lift your legs with the knees bent
- Bring your right knee closer to your chest and at the same time, move out the left leg
- Repeat the movement with the left leg going in and develop a rhythm
Complete 15 reps in 3 sets.
So, there you have it ― beginner and advanced level exercises that reduce belly fat. As mentioned earlier, you cannot reduce your weight and tone your body by just eating less. You need to maintain a balanced diet along with a daily workout routine, to achieve the results you are aiming for.
If you need a fitness coach to help you with fat-burning exercises, then visit the website On the Go Fitness Pro. They offer in-home personal training sessions. To know more about their services, call on 702-756-4444.